Got my first egg yesterday!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by The Chicken People, Jul 8, 2010.

1. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    It was laid outside in the run area! Silly me thought it was a pile of poo! DH brought it in this morning! Now to play I spy until I see who laid it!

2. rgn87

rgn87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Georgia
    I had my first egg last saturday, and except for Sunday i have had an egg everyday. I am pretty sure I know who is laying my eggs. What are you going to do with your eggs?

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Yay~! But I thought it was a 'written-in-stone' BYC rule that you had to post pictures of you first egg ...!!??

[​IMG]

It's still funny to me that when I see a "first egg" post, I always open it so I can gawk at a picture of and egg. I mean, really, except for color, they all kinda look alike, right?? lol

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Yes, but there is nothing like that first egg! I felt as if my child had graduated with honors from some prestigious university! Couldn't help myself, so I didn't!!!![​IMG]

5. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    My husband eats them and so does his boss! I cant get a picture cuz my camera is broke!

6. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Congratulations! [​IMG] [​IMG] I am still waiting for my first egg... I think moving mine away from their beloved chickens and in with actuall ducks, slowed things down a bit. So I am waiting..............sigh............ LOL. However my EE pullet layed her first egg yesterday! So I know how exciting it is!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by