got my first eggs today!!!!!

TK Poultry

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Greencastle, Indiana
one of my NHR's has been laying steadily again after a molt and now i have 1 more NHR pullet laying a BR hen laying now and one or two EE's i got like 6 eggs today i was extatic to go from none to 6 in like two weeks omg i was excited!!!!!!!

woot.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

i no right have you ever felt that feeling....but the only thing is one of the EE's lays brown eggs i was kinda bumed but i think she laid two because they were both brown b/c she is a faverolle mix but prob one is from yesterday and i missed it

Ohhh, don't tell me that! I have 4 EE's getting ready to lay soon and am expecting green/blue eggs from them-to not get them would be a real letdown!! I hope she switches "paint cans" and starts spraying blue for you soon!! lol
tongue.png

Quote:
i guess its just the luck of the draw i was kinda let down but hey but the rest im expect pretty eggs from b/c i have a 50/50 ameraucana cochin mix she looks like an ameraucana with no tail and leg feathers!!!!

Congratulations!!! How big are they?

not very i would catagorize them as small but my NHR's are at least mediums!!!​

Congrats!!! its always exciting when you get your first eggs
celebrate.gif
woot.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
just an update one of my EE hens layed like an XL egg today!!!

32413_eggs_001.jpg

these are the eggs laid this week and i have one more in another carton

32413_eggs_002.jpg

and this is my XL egg i got from my EE pen! the order of eggs in the pic from Left to Right is EE, NHR, BR, EE

Back
Top Bottom