Got My First Ever Geese Today

Discussion in 'Geese' started by 1MrsMagoo, Aug 14, 2011.

1. 1MrsMagoo

1MrsMagoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    Well after a weeks wait, I finally got my breeding pair of Buff Saddleback Pomeranian geese this afternoon.[​IMG]

After seeing those steely blue eyes and watching the goose give me the stare of death on the ride home, I just had to name her after my mother (same blue eyes and stare of death...lol). Since I named the girl Jean, the boy got my dad's name. So, for your approval....here are my goose and gander...... Jean and John.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LLCoyote

LLCoyote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    What beautiful babies!

3. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Gorgeous! I hope you like geese as much as I do. I have Cotton Patches!

4. 1MrsMagoo

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    So far I love them: They are so beautiful. The most fun I've had in a week was watching the horse and cow check out the newcomers today...what a riot when the geese hissed at them. [​IMG]
    John and Jean aren't too crazy about being here just yet though. I think I'd be more than a bit freaked out if I were goose-napped from my huge flock and locked up next to a bunch of strange ducks [​IMG]
    with two huge peeping toms gawking at me all the time. I'm sure they'll be fine once they settle in though. [​IMG]

5. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    i have a pair of those t0o!!!!!

6. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Hi

They are lovely looking geese, you must be thrilled [​IMG]

Look very striking and you dont often see the Buff Saddlebacks here in the UK.

Pete [​IMG]

7. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    Beautiful geese - I hope they do well for you. Enjoy!

8. 1MrsMagoo

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. 1MrsMagoo

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    Quote:I am very thrilled; they are such beautiful and interesting birds. The seller also had a young Grey Saddleback available and I was sorely tempted. However, I had promised the DH that we would just get these two and see how it went: For once, I decided to actually not bring home more than I went to buy. [​IMG]

Besides, the man I purchased these from has a HUGE flock (he has guineas, ducks, geese, turkeys, and chickens on this particular 3 acre part of his farm) and isn't that far from me. So, their is always next year to add to my collection. [​IMG] He also has the cutest little pigs called KuneKune's that were very tempting. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by