Got my first Green Egg today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LoneCowboy, Dec 5, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Yea, finally my first green egg. Even DH is excited about that. He's not been moved by much of this chicken stuff. He does admit that the chickens are fun to watch, and he does sneak treats too them, but the whole egg thing, and hatching thing, are nothing to him, he only sees them as money or too much trouble.

So I called him about the green egg, and he even said, You've got to show me that one.

I was thinking I wasn't going to get any. A lot of my girls are laying now, I get 6 eggs a day, and a new one started yesterday, and this one today, so I'll be getting even more soon.

I've had an EEer's squating for 2 weeks now, so I just thought I'd get just a bunch of brown eggs. But NO! I'm got a green one. Oh happy day. [​IMG]

Did I mention that I'm getting totally over run with eggs? I put out notices to the neighbors that they where for sale now, hope they start calling. Might have to get them as Christmas presents. [​IMG]

2. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Congrats!!![​IMG]

I was so excited about my first green egg that I called everyone I could think of just to tell them that the Easter Bunny came early. Sure wish I coulda seen the looks on their faces! [​IMG]

Dawn

3. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Congratulations! I LOVE EEs and Ameraucanas. Collecting green and blue eggs never gets old. Actually, I am still in awe of the whole process--to me, an egg is like a little miracle, no matter what the color!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by