Got my first green egg today

featherfooted

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Georgia
Went out to the coop this afternoon to check on eggs and had a surprise. Jackie (use to be Jack) one of my Ameraucanas layed her first egg. It was a light green. I hope her sister Jill lays one soon. After seeing nothing but brown eggs the green one was a little shocking, but I can get use to it.

We got our first green egg a few weeks before christmas I had no idea who laid it since we have 4 americana's - but the one I thought was a roo - laid down in front of us while cleaning the coop/run on christmas morning and out came the green egg !! so we have now been calling her Christmas LOL ( could not think of anything else to call her )

congrats and enjoy the egg - its like getting Easter eggs every morning so fun.

Julie

WooooHooooooooo

I have two EE's they just turned 21 weeks old, but its too cold and will be a while I think before I get eggs - I'm just HOPING I get a nice green or blue!

CONGRATS!

Quote:
can i see a pic of the americauna u thought was a roo???
i have an americauna that i thinks a roo to but im not 100percent sure...
fl.gif

sure as soon as I get the pictures back I will post a pic for you - sometimes I look at her and still think " that has got to be a roo " and than she lays an egg and looks at me like " nope you dope I am a hen LOL "

Julie

I always wanted an Easter chicken that must be so weird green and blue eggs.

I am happy with mine though beautiful brown. Got my first on New Years day.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom