Got my first green egg today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by featherfooted, Jan 1, 2008.

1. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Went out to the coop this afternoon to check on eggs and had a surprise. Jackie (use to be Jack) one of my Ameraucanas layed her first egg. It was a light green. I hope her sister Jill lays one soon. After seeing nothing but brown eggs the green one was a little shocking, but I can get use to it.

2. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    We got our first green egg a few weeks before christmas I had no idea who laid it since we have 4 americana's - but the one I thought was a roo - laid down in front of us while cleaning the coop/run on christmas morning and out came the green egg !! so we have now been calling her Christmas LOL ( could not think of anything else to call her )

congrats and enjoy the egg - its like getting Easter eggs every morning so fun.

Julie

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    WooooHooooooooo

I have two EE's they just turned 21 weeks old, but its too cold and will be a while I think before I get eggs - I'm just HOPING I get a nice green or blue!

CONGRATS!

4. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:can i see a pic of the americauna u thought was a roo???
    i have an americauna that i thinks a roo to but im not 100percent sure... [​IMG]

5. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    sure as soon as I get the pictures back I will post a pic for you - sometimes I look at her and still think " that has got to be a roo " and than she lays an egg and looks at me like " nope you dope I am a hen LOL "

Julie

6. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    I always wanted an Easter chicken that must be so weird green and blue eggs.

I am happy with mine though beautiful brown. Got my first on New Years day.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by