Got my girls this morning from MPC

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hooplehead, Sep 4, 2008.

1. hooplehead

hooplehead Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2008
    Homer, Georgia
    Everyone was alive and well but I was short one RIR and one EE. I am not going to worry about it because I got an extra SLW.

Everyone is EDP so I think they will be good to go. I am going to do a pasty butt check this afternoon.

They dominique chicks are really mean! As soon as I opened the box, I noticed them pecking the poor little EEs. As soon as I put them in the brooder, they started throwing their weight around and pushing everyone out of their way. I was shocked that little ones could be so aggressive! The EEs are timid and want to hide under everyone else when they assimilate into the peep collective. The GLWs and SLWs seem to be very friendly and like to be held. The RIRs couldn't give a hoot as long as they have access to the food and water.

Here is a cell phone pic I took, will post better pics later.

[​IMG]

2. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Even blurry they're cute! I need more fuzzy butts!!!!! [​IMG]

3. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    I get some more tomorrow!~

4. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    those are some cute lil chickies.

5. KB3GZW

KB3GZW Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2008
    Lehigh County, Pa
    I received my chicks from MPC this morning. They shipped from somewhere in Ohio on the second and hit here in Pa today. I got 2 Buff Orps, 2 RIR, 2 white leghorns, 2 EE's and 3 BRs. They threw in an extra Barred Rock. Im pretty sure thats what it is because there are three that look like them and completely different from the rest. I am SO excited. These are my first chicks and they are bigger than I thought they would be but not much bigger. One of the Buff Orps wasn't doing very well when we got her out of the box. It seemed that her balance was off and she did nothing but lay down for a while and i came back awhile later and she was up moving around and i cant even tell which one it was now. She integrated very well with the rest of my girls.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  6. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I got mine this morning too! [​IMG] I ordered from Ideal. I got an extra silkie packing peanut [​IMG] Boy are they cute! Isn't it exciting?! Congratz [​IMG]

7. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I want more fuzzy butts!!!

8. hooplehead

hooplehead Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2008
    Homer, Georgia
    Here is a better pic of the crew!

[​IMG]

9. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Awwwww congrats, they sure are sweet. I miss having fuzzybutts. Mine are getting big. Still love them but those fuzzybutts are awesome.[​IMG]:weee:ya

10. Jarhead

Jarhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Arkansas
    assimilate into the peep collective

[​IMG]

We are the Borg birds, you will be assimilated, we will add you biological and feathered uniqueness to our own. Resistance is futile.

Could not resist, so I did a mash up [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by