Got My Incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by EmtheFishLady, Jan 28, 2011.

1. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I won an auction on ebay for a Brinsea Octagon 20DX. Now I need some eggs! Anybody have any available? I am really interested in the oddball stuff. I love Showgirls, Polish, and Frizzles.

2. Cavendish Chickens

Cavendish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Summit County, Ohio
    Congratulations!!! I was looking at a novabator on there, but got stuck with another LG 9200 series for a spur of the moment hatch. One of our girls laid a double yolker (twins), so we are putting it with a couple others for grins and giggles in to see what happens. Hatch rate on twins is low, but we're trying it out anyway... just for the heck of it. And probably will every time we come across any more. You never know when one will work out. [​IMG]

3. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:Yeah, I so would too. I think it'd be neat to have twins hatch. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I was planning on ordering straight from Brinsea, but saw that one on there and figured what the heck. Saved me a bundle...that I'll end up spending on eggs to put in there I'm sure. =P

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Emthefishlady transitions to Emthepoultrylady.[​IMG]

5. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:LOL. I'm EmtheEverything lady. We have 2 cats, 2 dogs, 7 chickens, the fish...and amazingly, that's it right now. Of course I'm not counting the various rescues we have coming in and out constantly. Right now we have a chinese crested someone dropped off. Planning on putting this incubator to work though! After I run the hatch of chickens, I'll probably go to peacocks, then ducks, then we're going to try an emu chick for a friend of mine...[​IMG] My husband is thrilled.[​IMG]

6. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    I have the # to hatchaholics anonymous!!! [​IMG]

7. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:My husband will definitely need that very soon. [​IMG]

It's all you BYCer's fault! I caught the bug! Before I came on here I was perfectly content with my 3 little chickens...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by