got my new puppy with pics

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by bella1210, Oct 26, 2010.

1. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    my mom an dad got me a border coillie puppy for my birthday i got him on friday his name is jo-jo an he is perfect they got him from eyespy border collies they were great an have great dogs very smart.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    if any one is interested in getting a b.c puppy she does have a litter do in a couple of weeks!

2. S*T*A*R

S*T*A*R Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    Aww your puppy is sooooo cute!!! [​IMG]

3. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    Lucky girl! Lucky pup!

4. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    mmmmm -- i can smell the puppy breath. such a cute little pup.

5. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Such precious pictures! [​IMG] I know you can't possibly stand all that cuteness, so the next thing you need to do is to send him to me along with your chicken figurine collection! [​IMG]

6. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    We have two BCs...they're *scary smart*...be prepared to learn, as well as to teach. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. bella1210

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    Such precious pictures! I know you can't possibly stand all that cuteness, so the next thing you need to do is to send him to me along with your chicken figurine collection! haha the chicken figurine collection was my great grandma's guess that is where we got the bug from we raise our chicks in her coop she passed away 7 years ago but i am named after her she was so great.

8. bella1210

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    Quote:ya we got him potty trained in about a day but he is sosmart he will not go potty without his leash he thinks it is play time when there is no leash on then you put the leash on an he goes pee.lol these dogs are so smart an playful.they have a ton of energy but are very easy to train an they love to cudle when they get tired.

9. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    ya we got him potty trained in about a day but he is sosmart he will not go potty without his leash he thinks it is play time when there is no leash on then you put the leash on an he goes pee.lol these dogs are so smart an playful.they have a ton of energy but are very easy to train an they love to cudle when they get tired.

Wait 'till he starts training YOU.. [​IMG]

We started off with a BC and a lab mix. The lab mix is a big loveable goofball, and a very obedient dog, but not very intelligent. And by intelligence, I mean...able to figure things out for herself. The BC is intelligent.

We trained them to go into their crates for treats by saying the words "go kennel." All you had to do was reach for the treat bag and say "go kennel" and they'd go streaking toward their crates and hop right on in.

Well.. [​IMG]

The BC reverse-engineered the whole kennel->treat thing, so when she wanted a treat, she'd get your attention and then run inside her crate and wait. It was cute, so we played along for a while.. After a while, it was like "Noooo...you get treats when WE want you to do something...not when you do it on your own" so we stopped giving treats..

Well.. [​IMG]

What she started doing was getting our attention, then getting *the other dog's attention* and then she'd run to her crate. The lab was just kinda like "Oh, is that what we're supposed to do?...okay." and she'd go get in her crate, too. No dice -- neither of you are getting treats, because we didn't ask you go to kennel! So then the lab is confused...standing in her kennel used to mean treats, but then it didn't anymore, so she started conveniently ignoring the 'go kennel' command because -- in her mind -- it didn't mean anything anymore.

[​IMG]

So, basically, what we had to do was get her re-trained by allowing them both to have treats when the BC issued the go-kennel to the lab, but we'd accompany it with a 'go-kennel'.. We were totally being played, of course, but once we had the lab re-established in the 'go-kennel' routine, we had to start telling the BC "NO!" when she'd act like she was gonna play her little mind games with us and the lab. Luckily, the lab eventually figured out that she only -- but always -- got treats when *we* said go-kennel and started ignoring the BC.. Before long, the BC gave up on that little trick.

Even if a bit...ahem...trying at times, they're really amazing dogs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  10. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    that is to funny i am bella 1210 dad it is amazing how smart they are he really likes when after he goes potty you call his name he comes runing over an you give lots of kisses on his neck.i am trying to keep from giving to many treats because i have heard alot of stories just like yours.i can def tell he will be training us as much as we train him.lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by