Got my rescues!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by erinm, Dec 6, 2007.

1. erinm

erinm Posting For A change

Feb 24, 2007
    Central Massachusetts
    Well i got 3 rescue chickens today from the MSPCA, the neglect case in Mendon MA.? They look fair right now, alot of then were missing their tail feathers where all were picking eachother( to get some protein they said at the SPCA. They were starving.) But they look decent now getting healthy. they are vocal I assume that is a good sign. Gosh there were so many I wish i could have taken more. i took in one more over the limit of what my town has me set at. i could not help it! they need a home and i was looking at all of them and wishing i could take all of them and the horses and the goats and the sheep and the cats and the dogs. Ya just feel so bad for them. It was real easy to get to right off of 213 off 495. I think I saw a white face spanish rooster also! he was pretty whatever he was. Tons of ducks that need homes from the same neglect case. It killed me to leave the rest of the birds that I saw. Most are just about laying age looked to be only a couple that were older and already laying. Most were just starting. So there is my story, begging anyone who can save some to go down. that is alot of birds that need homes. I will post pics of bertha matilda and barry hopefully by saturday. And to those who were asking about shipping, I asked and unfortunately they don't ship , sorry everyone.ErinM

2. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    WAAAAA! I sure wish they shipped, but I am so happy for you. Congrats on your babies. Can't wait to see pics!! Praying for a speedy health recovery and easy integration with your flock. Suz

3. erinm

erinm Posting For A change

Feb 24, 2007
    Central Massachusetts
    Yeh sorry suz. iwas hoping. They could have more opportunty to get homes. Nice place. clean and dry. they are inside horse stalls.( looks like they had to improvise because there were so many) And them therewere more upstairs. I did not go there it would have gotten more difficult to choose. ErinM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by