1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

got my Seb goose eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tebs78, Feb 21, 2008.

1. tebs78

tebs78 Songster

Jan 1, 2008
    Well trying to distract myself I got my Seb goose eggs today. Two boxes were sent Tuesday from different people and one arrived today. So the other tomorrow YAY. 5 arrived today. These are my important eggs so I surely hope they do okay!

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    your so lucky. i hope to hatch out sebs someday

3. tebs78

tebs78 Songster

Jan 1, 2008
    they are so cute!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

You are lucky....I've always wanted some sebs...they are so pretty.

5. tebs78

tebs78 Songster

Jan 1, 2008
    yeah after searching all last year, I got put on some wait lists and found some more people this year. I have about 4-6 different people selling me eggs!

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Maybe someday I can get eggs from you. The hubby really doesn't want me to get geese so I haven't up till now. At our local poultry auction last fall there were 4 young adults there. I wanted so badly to bid on them, but I wasn't the least bit set up with anywhere to put them so I didn't try and get them.

7. leecey411

leecey411 Songster

May 31, 2007
    I'm envious! I love them! Are yo going to incubate them or use a hen? I am a novice and would love to have some one day! Good luck and keep us posted of your progress!

8. tebs78

tebs78 Songster

Jan 1, 2008
    I am incubating them. I Just got another 4 in the mail and will stick them in the bator tonight! So I have a total of 9 eggs going in!!! I love them. They are EXPENSIVE or can be. I have seen the eggs range from $6/egg all the way to $30/egg.

I have another 10 coming in a few weeks. After this hatch. I bought from a few different people to get different blood lines so I can raise them and maybe sell the eggs too. [​IMG]

Ashley

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Good luck with those! I love how beautiful they are!

I will be hopefully setting goose eggs myself this coming week.

10. tebs78

tebs78 Songster

Jan 1, 2008
    Good luck Miss Prissy! let me know how your hatch goes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: