got my silkie sitting on eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lisa0318, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Lisa0318

Lisa0318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Phoenix AZ
    finally my white silkie became broody a week ago and shes been sitting on 13 eggs, the roo is white like her but i also have a buff silkie hen and cant wait to see the new baby's[​IMG]:weee:ya:woot:jumpy
    So today is day 4 and shes doing such a great job, she only gets up for like a minute to drink and eat something quik then she runs back to her eggs [​IMG].

2. mandelaykay

mandelaykay Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Southern maine
    how old are your silkies?

3. Lisa0318

Jul 30, 2011
    Phoenix AZ
    My broody one is almost a year and my buff is about 10 months my roo is a year old too.

4. mandelaykay

mandelaykay Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Southern maine
    I can not wait for mine to start laying and incubating eggs. Shipped eggs are stressful. Keep us posted!!!

5. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:My silkie chicks are due Aug. 19. Sounds like we are pretty close. When are yours due? Mine are in the bator. I expect you'll have a lot less stress than me though I've never had a broody [​IMG] Your silkies are beautiful! [​IMG]

6. Lisa0318

Jul 30, 2011
    Phoenix AZ
    My silkies are due on Aug 21, but im so nervous its our first time for me and Blanca my silkie new mom to be [​IMG] [​IMG]

thank you i think all silkies are very cute, they are my favorite breed [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by