Got my Yellow Napes!!!!

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Terri O, May 13, 2010.

1. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

I have been looking for YN amazons since I "knew" one nearly 30 years ago. I am proud to announce that I am not the owner of not just one but TWO of these parrots! I got them yesterday and they are still a little freaked out so I am trying not to stress them too much. Plus they are a breeding pair so I have to find out more about that before I mess something up! Just watching them A LOT right now--Terri O

2. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Congratulations!!! You need to post pics! [​IMG]

3. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    yes pics would be great [​IMG]

4. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    amazons are very hard to breed and almost impossible to breed if you only have one pair. they love being outside in the rain and if you have the chance to get a 2nd pair of amazons, this may help the first pair to nest. don't be surprised if your proven pair never gives you babies. I have had one pair for 15 yrs, eggs, no babies. I've even changed males so it's her but she so sweet and a wonderful talker that I've kept them this long. I am now selling them as well as my other amazons, going in another direction for breeding.

5. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    great!!! everyone should have their hearts desire.
    took me only twenty years to get my first congo lol
    sharron

6. OccamsTazer

OccamsTazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Ohhh I love Amazons! I want one so much, but it's just not in the cards right now.
    We need pics!

7. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

OK I have a pic...finally--It is not a very good one...I cant find MY camera...

[​IMG]

I hope that turns out! I will try for more. I have been advised to only interact with them through the cage--no handling if I want them to breed. I dont right now, I am going to try for next year. The female I can take out--she steps right up on a stick...but the male is a stinker ( and he is the HF one!) She is WC but older than him. OK--I have to go to work! Terrri O

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by