Got new babies today-making sure they are pullets-PICS*****

logansmommy7

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2009
Shenandoah Valley
Here are some pics of the new babies, posted also in the breeds forum but thought this one would be better, sorry for double posting!

First, a group shot-all but the black and white one are pullets (I think)
31407_newbabies.jpg

Our new boy (what type is he?) and little white girl-Ladybug which my daughter named her because she likes going after bugs:
31407_new_boy.jpg

Our little pretty girl (yet to be named):
31407_pretty_girl.jpg

And another little girl (yet to be named):
31407_little_girl.jpg

And finally, girl #5-Cally because she reminds us of calico (she is the one on the right):
31407_new_babies2.jpg

These are all pullets, right (except for the black and white one), what is he??

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
It's not a barred rock roo... it looks sort of crested? Does he have a V-comb?
Looks like it has a beard too. hmm... can you get more pictures of him?

The lady I got him from said something about polish, but he looks nothing like any polish I have ever seen, probably just a mutt, that's usually what I end up-gotta love those mutts! I will try to get more pics...

Oh, he looks polish alright. I almost suggested that.
He has the V comb, a crest, and dark legs. I bet one of the parents was silver laced.

So when does the crazy hairdo come in?? Or what might he look like as an adult? Are polish generally nice? We already have one roo but the lady wanted us to have a roo with our little pullets...I was like-okaaayyy...he's kinda pretty...

Since he's mix, his crest won't be as big and poofy.
I imagine his feathers and coloring will look mostly the same. I have some polish mix, but they are only 2 months old. I'm not sure of how their hair-do will look. He looks like he'll be slender (like a polish) If I think about it...my polish are kind of fritzy. I have an adult rooster, and he's too cool to be touched. His babies are kinda loony too. They aren't as crazy as leghorns though.
Try to spend time with your roo that way he'll be more comfortable around you and being held.

Back
Top Bottom