Got new chick today had a tough trip not very "chipper"

johnsonpoultryfarms

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
Reeltown, Alabama
I drove 2 hours and picked up 3 self blue d'Uccle chicks 2-3 weeks old when I got home this little fellow doesn't seem to be doing well ive forced him to drink water and offered him food. hes not eating or drinking on his own. I don't know what to do next??

I can't see the pictures as I'm on a cell phone and those type of pictures don't work however sometimes it takes some time for them to settle in. perhaps offer an electrolyte in the water. if she's not drinking give the electrolyte in the syringe. you can get a vitamin electrolyte combo at the feed store . this should perk her up a bit. hope this helps. best wishes

I can't see the pictures on my pc either but just leave them for a bit with some food and water and keep them warm and hopefully they will be o.k

I don't know the issue with the pics... but it just looks exhausted and keeps wanting to sit on its haunches. Also i've administered some electrolyte and sugar water via syringe and just standing by now.

Checked on the youngster this morning and hes doing much better. I could hardly tell him from the others!!!!
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom