Got New chicks coming...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by calgal98, Apr 30, 2009.

1. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been reading all of the horror stories and am waiting with trepedation to see if my McMurray chicks arrive intact this week. Some time between Sunday and Tuesday. I'm ready on my end. I've moved my 4wk old into the new coop and the 2 wk olds (banties) into the intermediate coop. Now the waiting begins. I'm hoping to beat the current odds!

2. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Let us know!

3. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    If possible work the post office letting them know that you have chicks coming and keep in touch without becoming too familiar with them. That kind of depends upon the size of your local PO - but I think is worth the effort if you haven't contacted them yet.

I offered Chocolate Chip Cookies the the Postal reps and driver.

4. calgal98

4hooves&featheredfriends :

If possible work the post office letting them know that you have chicks coming and keep in touch without becoming too familiar with them. That kind of depends upon the size of your local PO - but I think is worth the effort if you haven't contacted them yet.

I offered Chocolate Chip Cookies the the Postal reps and driver.

We are a pretty small town. I'll call them today and give them a heads up. Thanks for the reminder. I'm all set up and ready. Vicki:fl

5. calgal98

Just called McMurray and the chicks are due to hatch and ship tomorrow. Called the PO and the supervisor answered! He is going to call the central hub and have them call him and he will go down on Sunday to see if they arrive. He will call me as soon as they arrive! How fortunate was that? I don't expect them before Monday, but nice to know someone is watching out for them!~ V.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by