1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got new chicks today.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mayberry Chicken Shack, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Mayberry Chicken Shack

Mayberry Chicken Shack Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2010
    Mt. Airy, N.C.
    Just got back from Tractor Supply in Mount Airy, N.C. got 6 Light Brahmas, & 6 Silver Lace Wyandottes.

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Already? Our local TSC won't have them until March.

Congrats!

3. Mayberry Chicken Shack

Mayberry Chicken Shack Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2010
    Mt. Airy, N.C.
    Their website said that they will start arriving in N.C. stores starting Feb. 11, 2013

4. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    I've been calling mine all morning, they keep saying they will be here today but are not here yet... grrrr!!! I'm about to go down there and just sit inside the brooders until they come. [​IMG]

5. stephensc7146

stephensc7146 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    I definitely understand the anticipation!! I ordered my chicks 2 short weeks ago and they shipped today but now time is going sooo slow! I've checked my tracking number COUNTLESS times since it became available lol

6. I find few things in life as exciting as new chicks. Funny to be so caught up with them!

I hope to get 6 this week & likewise have seen time move slower than throughout the rest of the year. I liken it to crashing on my motorcycle. That small sample of time moves almost as slow as the local feed store chick delivery.

7. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    I went down and NO CHICKS!!! They said they were suppose to come but never did... i hope the poor babies are not lost in the mail somewhere!!!! [​IMG]

on that note i must go, my polish hen is knocking on the back door again, she's such a Polish....

8. stephensc7146

stephensc7146 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    Uh oh!! Hopefully they make it safely! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by