got new duckie eggs from auction today :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ducklove334, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    we went to the poultry sale this morning, and of course, we gone all day,

I got 4 ringneck doves,(I believe 2 male, 2 female) for my lonely male..) anyways, and 10 cornish x chicks...

AND 24(23 now) duck eggs!!, I got two cartons for 50 cents, and 40 cents an egg, all together I got 3 pekin eggs, 13 khacki campbell(Beccas been wanting a khacki), and 8 fawn and white indian runner eggs, I wrote what all of them where on the shells, and given my so far luck with my mallard egg, maybe some of these babies will hatch too, one of the runner eggs was busted, part of the shell, exposing the membrane, so i cracked it, it was fertile. so heres to hoping,

OH I got a mystery duck egg too, they didn't know what it was, but it looks like a pekin egg.

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    can i say something? ARIZONA SUCKS!!! WHERE THE HECK ARE THE AUCTIONS HERE?!?!?!?!?!?! Only auction i know of is livestock, and they dont sell chickens.

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    not fair. congrats though!!!

4. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    do you have an ag. center in your area??, maybe call the director and ask??

Seymours Auction house is who does it here, they do it at the AG center up the road, usually every two weeks, always on saturdays.

Only auction i know of is livestock, and they dont sell chickens.

hahahaahahaha...these poultry auctions seem to have everything, they had pigs and goats today, always lots of rabbits,

they sold a boer potbelly pig for 2.50$!!​

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by