Got new hen!!! or roo????????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Skitz, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I bought a hen of the flea-market and last time I bought one from a lady it was a hen but the other time I bought from her again it was a roo. And this time im curious if I have a roo again. Im 100% she is a hen but, I don't trust that lady anymore. She told me she was about a year old. So I put her inside the coop with my lonley roo (not anymore) and the lady said it was a white leghorn. She is smaller than my roo and has a comb that is like pinkish she has like a .5cm spur (which normally hens have) but I don't know. I will try to post pics ASAP. If I don't get to put a pic please help me with the info I've gave you.

thanks. Jhonny

2. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Pics are necessary, but also: does the tail have long feathers? Does the back toward the tail have "saddle feathers"? That's what I would look at in the picture, for example.

3. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    How big is her comb? My white leghorns' combs are bright red and flop to one side because they're so tall.

Here's one of my white leghorn pullets if you want to compare. This girl was 4mos old in this picture, but really the only thing different about her now at 7mos is her comb is big and flopping over:
    [​IMG]

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Kinda hard to help without a pic. [​IMG] Maybe you can look at the pic jossanne posted and it will help you.

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Jossanne, That one looks like mine!!! she looks exactly like mine! but, she has a small tail. She has no saddle feather it looks exactily like jossanne but with smaller tail and jossanne looks cleaner [​IMG] mine looks like a delawarer all dirty [​IMG] hope soon gets clean [​IMG]

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Leghorn Hen
    [​IMG]

Leghorn Roo
    [​IMG]

Leghorn Hen
    [​IMG]

Leghorn Roo
    [​IMG]