1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got our first EE's today :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tera, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Tera

Tera Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2010
    My 10 yo son has been having a fit to add to his flock (we have 4 right now, 2 RIR and 2 silver laced Wyandotte mixes) and he ONLY wanted the ones who laid Easter Eggs. One feed store in town had Aracaunas (from Ideal Hatchery) so we headed out today and got 4. I picked out the whitish colored one and he picked out the rest. Whatcha think?

The only one we have named so far in the dark one with it's head not in the food, she's Hawk, and the one laying down, she's Mo (short for Mohawk, lol)
    [​IMG]

The main man himself...
    [​IMG]

2. Alesia

Alesia Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2012
    cute i like them i want to get EE's to hope they do good

3. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Mohawk. It suits her. :yuckyuck
    They're quite pretty, I love the patterns on their feathers.

4. featheredroots

featheredroots Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Madisonville, KY
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that has chickens in their bathtub! [​IMG]

I love EE's( just got 3 new ones today too), and I love the look on your son's face, it's easy to see how much he loves his new chicks!

5. Tera

Tera Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2010
    Thanks everyone! [​IMG]
    featheredroots, if I have to have them in the house it's the best place! Easy to clean, leave the ventilation on, and it has a door to keep out the cats and dogs! Dylan goes in there every night and does his guitar practice with them. LOL, I think they'll end up pretty tame! And I'm thinking Mo is going to be a lighter colored one which makes me happy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by