Got our first egg from Sunshine the buff Orpington but we can't eat it

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CESOrtega, Dec 31, 2009.

1. CESOrtega

CESOrtega Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    She is 22 weeks and laid her first egg today but we can't eat it because we are worming her. Argh! It is such a pretty little egg, too. Tiny in comparison to the golden comet's egg, but it was quite the accomplishment for little Sunny. She's a good chikken.

2. Spore

Spore Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2009
    Oregon
    Hurray. Always exciting.[​IMG]

3. cpartist

cpartist Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Alachua County FL
    Congratulations! You didn't take a picture? I love my Buffy eggs. Each of 5 lays a different color, tan, lavender,lavender with white speckles, peach, and a light terra cotta brown. They started out small, but now are xtra large and jumbo. I bet you can't wait to taste one!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Congrats! My Buff Orp, Sunny, is 4 years old and not laying right now. I miss her big eggs.

5. CESOrtega

CESOrtega Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

Here we go. This is next to the golden comet egg which is humungo....won't fit in a extra large store bought carton. You should be able to judge the size by that.

6. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    Blow it out, paint it gold, (or purple, even!) add glitter and a ribbon, hang it from your rearview mirror!

7. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

farmin'chick :

Blow it out, paint it gold, (or purple, even!) add glitter and a ribbon, hang it from your rearview mirror!

Blowing out and saving the first egg! Wish I had heard that a few months ago before my girls started laying. That would have been an awesome dust collecting keep sake. Not sure what I would have done with them, but its an awesome idea.

Oops. Sorry.

Congratulations on your BOs first egg!​

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by