Got out of a ticket today

chilling in muscadine

{ I love being disfunctual }
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
muscadine, al.
Well I knew I had a brake light out for a couple of weeks. I had asked my SO to take care of it for me so I had just assumed it had been fixed. That was my mistake for not checking up on the light, so I was going to get the replacement light after my doctors appointment that day. Well I got pulled over in a town that has the reputation of writing tickets. O.K. so the officer approched my car and asked for drivers lisence and proff[sp] of insurance, so while I has looking for these things the officer said the reason I pulled you over mam was because your brake light isn't working. Well I replied that my husband told me I would have to get some brake light fluid. I told the officer I had been to several places and can't find any and did he know where I could find any.
Alrighty then, the officer was laughing so hard that he didn't run my tag or anything, He just got in his cruiser and left me there.
Under these kinds of circumstances I follow this rule. Be like the Grinch "thought up a lie and thought it up quick."
thumbsup.gif

That's as good as an excuse as I've ever heard.
I'll have to remember that one.

Funny.

Now, go get that brake light fixed.

Whew!
We had a head light out once and we got pulled over. I thought I was going to faint. But the officer just let us know that it was out...we knew it was out, we thought we'd gotten it fixed since there was a new bulb in there, but apparently it went out again.

Last edited:
My boyfriend, his friend, and I were leaving somewhere once at about 10pm and the place where we were was pretty lit up from all the businesses and street lights.
He apparently didn't pull out the headlight thing enough, so his parking lights were only on. Well, we got pulled over and when the cop came up he said, "do you know why I'm pulling you over?" and of course my boyfriend said, "no."
Then the cop put his light on the knob that turns on the lights, reached in and pulled it out the rest of the way, and walked away.
That was it. We thought it was pretty funny.

gig.gif

Isen't it funny.. how officers react differently in different places?

I had a brake light wiring issue in my car... and learned of it when I got pulled over down here in Florida.. twice, in the same night, one just down the road from the other
th.gif
The light would turn on and off depending on the bumps I went over
lol.png

Both officers were super nice that night and tried to give me advide on how to fix it, which shop to go to
cool.png

Thought it was fixed and a long time later, I drove my car up to Dulles VA / WA DC area for my new job. Was fine for months and then one night, I got puled over, same thing. Officer was MEAN and gave me a big ticket. Told me I needed to have it *towed* to the shop and I was lucky he let me drive it home.
Almost back to the house and another officer pulled me over... I showed him the ticket I just got and tried to explain.. and he interupted to scream at me about why I was driving on an old ticket! Even after he saw it was 10 minutes old.. he threatened to arrest me and impound my car
hide.gif
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom