Got out the decorations...Santa threw up!!

LuvinMyPeeps

Songster
11 Years
Aug 22, 2008
Powhatan, VA 23139
Okay, I got out the holiday decorations....now it looks like Santa threw up in here! Ugh. Time to cull - and this time it won't be a chicken! LOL. I wanted a vintagey cottage look and instead I have a mismash of *stuff*.

I'm so overwhelmed. How do you keep your sanity around this time of year? How do you decorate without breaking the bank or going insane?

Our living room looked like Santa's sleigh wrecked right in front of the couch when I got all my decorations out, lol.
Oh, and our front yard and house looks like Clark Griswald lives here...my husband LOVES hanging Christmas lights and stuff.

bun.gif
we were having almost this same discussion over in the random forum... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=110482

just
not as dangerous with santa wrecking and all
gig.gif

Quote:
Hee...that's funny! I do so love the lights outside though - I'll never give THOSE up, the more the better!
big_smile.png

I had a wonderful childhood, my mom was just like June Cleaver, but DH is jewish and his parents didn't even celebrate Hannukah except to go buy him & his brother a gift after the holiday when the sales were on. He said everything was picked over and they even had to share a gift. That is so sad! Although his parents loved him and he had a great childhood (his mom & dad were/are awesome people), he looks back on the whole gift thing with a giggle. So, when it comes time to decorate or put up lights, he wants no part of it, so I have to do it all myself.
sad.png
Although I'm not Jewish (I celebrate a type of Yule/Christmas combo.), I wanted our kids to know his religion so I could honor his heritage, so I've always also celebrated Hannukah and done the menorah and the hebrew prayer & gits with the kids...he still wants no part of it.
sad.png

I have so many decorations that don't match anything I have...I think I'm going to make a separate tree for all those ornaments
hmm.png

I know I'm getting way to 'Martha Stewart' this year, so I need to chill out, but this clutter is driving me crazy! (Sadly, although I like to decorate, I don't share the 'gift' of being a decorating diva like Martha
tongue.png
)

I am just so overwhelmed by this clutter that I needed to do something. So I stopped, freshened up and painted my nails. LOL. I know that sounds funny but it was something that was bugging me...my nails were all different lengths because I keep breaking them, so I trimmed them and painted them. Now I feel all purty.

Just remember everyone to take some time for yourself this holiday and STOP, relax and breathe! For some reason this made all the difference in my morning. Now I can conquer the clutter little by little. I know I'm not going to decorate in a day, but getting the clutter out will make me feel soooo much better!
smile.png

We have the opposite dilemma!

Our friend brought a tree home, but we have no decorations at all.

We got rid of everything about 3 years ago!

Back
Top Bottom