1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

got some duck eggs.. bad news.. sorry all.. :(....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shmooborp, Jul 8, 2008.

1. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

the po killed my potential duck eggs .. but atleast i saved a few.. here is my unpacking prosses photos..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and heres the ones that made it [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  2. shmooborp

has this happend to u guys? ... [​IMG]

3. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Oh, yes, and this has made me not want to even order eggs from ppl. Not because of them but because of the sorry postal system that we all have.

I ordered 13 eggs and when I got them oalmost half were cracked and in the end I had to throw them all away due to the rough handling with the PO. [​IMG]

I can;t stand the postal system because when you call them over their wrong doing they are like "not us, we would never do a thing like that" BALONIE!!!

If I ever decide to order eggs from someone, I will ask them not to mark the box with "Fragile" or "Breakables" or anything to that matter. I will just have them to send them unmarked, due to the fact that it sends a red flag to some postal worker thats may be having a bad day. :mad:

So sorry you had this to happen to you. I hope the eggs you managed to save weren't messed up with the rough handling.

4. shmooborp

wow! dang! i candled the eggs befor i put them in to check for unseen cracks.. and i noticed that alll of them had scrambled airsacks... so who knows if anything will happens.. but the sender that i got them from was AWESOME... a+ om communication!

5. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    :mad: [​IMG] I've had this happen a few times now. I did get 2 EE chicks out of one set I had paid $18 for. I also got zero to hatch out of a $16 (3 broken eggs and the rest had scrambled yolks [​IMG] ) and a $15 set:( (none broken but yolks all scrambled) I swapped for some and got 3 chicks out of 12 eggs which is the best I have ever gotten out of shipped eggs before:) I'm not giving up hope yet but I have learned that hatch rates are not so great on shipped eggs.

6. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    I'm so sorry~~What a mess... [​IMG]

I am glad you could save a few though...and show us pictures of them when they hatch?! [​IMG]

7. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    oh i am so sorry. what a mess. i would be so ticked!!:mad:

8. shmooborp

i was pretty bumbed... and al the airsacs look un happy.. mostlikly the yolks are scrambled up.. i will candle on monday to see ifi can see anything..

9. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh boy. That stinks. I am so sorry. Glad to hear the seller was so helpful to you.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I got to give you the name of the guy on ebay where i bought my duck eggs. He is a packing genius. Took me about thirty minutes to unwrap 14 eggs, not one cracked and 11 out of 14 developing.
    But i got eggs like that before. There is hope for the remaining eggs though. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by