got some new pics of my silkies and SG PIC HEAVY!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AHappychick, Nov 21, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Got a few pics the other day of some up and comers as well as my black silkie pullet. I am very pleased with the quality I am hatching out from my flock [​IMG]

Here is a pair of whites presently available on eggbid (see my siggy)

pullet

[​IMG]

cockerel
    [​IMG]

Black pullet who has been laying for a few months and is part of my lavender project. (She will probably be available this spring if anyone is interested she has almost perfect coloring except one white feather on her right foot but I think after her first molt that it will be black as it is just one feather sort of out of place) The rest of her has a wonderful green sheen. She also has a few hard feathers but I am breeding her with a roo that has great shredding so I am hoping to breed out that trait.

[​IMG]

And here are 2 juvinile Show Girls I know the black (could she be a dark blue?) is a pullet and i think the white one is too but not possitive on that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it rained the other day so the sg are a bit dirty and the white sg's crest is just coming out of that akward stage where the bits of feather shaft are falling off leaving only fuzz [​IMG] btw what is that called, does it have a name???

Anyway the whites are all from my own flock so you can see what I am hatching. as for combs even though my white roo has a redder comb than I would like he is paired up with great females and his offsring so far all have black to mulberry combs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  2. TheCoopers

TheCoopers si amoureux

Sep 16, 2009
    Lexington,SC
    They are Beautiful!![​IMG]:

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    I love your black girl doesn't matter about that white feather and yes Stephnys Fluffy butts is sooo gonna get me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by