Got some new white Marans chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by arizonarancher, Jan 5, 2013.

1. arizonarancher

arizonarancher Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2012
    Cave Creek Arizona
    [​IMG]

I am so excited! I now have whites, golden cuckoo, black copper and blue copper ones. These being the youngest, I picked them up today, they are 2 days old. They are from show stock and the same breeder as my golden cuckoos, I really liked my chicks I got from her that are about 3-4 weeks old.

Unfortunately my brooder is filled with 3-4 week olds and I think these little guys will get trampled, so they get to hang out in my bathroom for a week or two until I can get some bigger ones transitioned outside!

This one is my favorite sleeping, a little golden cuckoo pullet. In front of her is a golden campine with a tape sandal on, it came with two but I took one off so it could get used to running around before I took both off.

[​IMG]

Heres some of the blue and black coppers with a white super blue egg layer chick and some EE's.

[​IMG]

I plan on selling my Marans chicks in the spring - along with a few other breeds I have too. I can't wait for these little ones to grow up!

2. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    beautiful chickens! too cute!

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    They are too cute [​IMG] You picked some gorgeous breeds! Good luck with your egg selling plans [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by