Got some pigeons

What kind?
smile.png
I got some call ducks today at a local chicken show, and sold some pigeons.

Quote:
Totally unexpected that Wayne would show up with those pigeons - I won't repeat what I posted on the swap thread about how we ended up with a pair, too, but they are just fascinating!! Who would have thought! Did you put yours in with your chickens? We built a little nest box and screwed it into the top of the coop, but they ended up roosting in the chicken area! My two EE's, who are at the bottom of the pecking order, didn't even make the pigeons move out of their 'spot' in the roost - just looked at them like, "uh, not sure what you are, or if what would happen if we try to make you move. You can have our spot. We'll just move further down the line...." Nobody has pecked at them! I can't belive it!

I don't know what kind they are exactly. I know they're red. No, we didn't put them in with the chickens. Mine are in the garage and my brothers are on the porch. After they lay eggs, we plan on letting them fly around in our yard and letting them in the cage at night.. atleast I think that is the plan. I have 2 red ones. I think I'm going to name the boy Chester. Any suggestions on a name for the girl?

Back
Top Bottom