Got some pigeons

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by iluvmypoultry, Nov 6, 2010.

1. iluvmypoultry

iluvmypoultry Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2010
    Got some pigeons today!

2. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    What kind? [​IMG] I got some call ducks today at a local chicken show, and sold some pigeons.

3. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    i got a pair of capuchines today!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Quote:Totally unexpected that Wayne would show up with those pigeons - I won't repeat what I posted on the swap thread about how we ended up with a pair, too, but they are just fascinating!! Who would have thought! Did you put yours in with your chickens? We built a little nest box and screwed it into the top of the coop, but they ended up roosting in the chicken area! My two EE's, who are at the bottom of the pecking order, didn't even make the pigeons move out of their 'spot' in the roost - just looked at them like, "uh, not sure what you are, or if what would happen if we try to make you move. You can have our spot. We'll just move further down the line...." Nobody has pecked at them! I can't belive it!

5. iluvmypoultry

iluvmypoultry Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2010
    I don't know what kind they are exactly. I know they're red. No, we didn't put them in with the chickens. Mine are in the garage and my brothers are on the porch. After they lay eggs, we plan on letting them fly around in our yard and letting them in the cage at night.. atleast I think that is the plan. I have 2 red ones. I think I'm going to name the boy Chester. Any suggestions on a name for the girl?

6. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    As far as I know, they were all Racer pigeons.

7. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    If they were homers, I hope they are less than 6 months old, or else they'll fly back to where you got them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by