got some silkies

Bisqit&Gravy

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
I have someone bringing me a white silkie roo and I ran across some hens today so I got them. Didn't want the roo being lonely. They are nowhere near show silkies but I don't care. I think they are pretty. Well, the white one with some buff on the chest and wings is pretty. The other one is cute in an ugly way...hahaha. She looks partridge/blue???? The pics made her look darker than she really is. They are in my garage for a few days and chowed down when we fed them:)

Picture007.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

Thanks!! I already have a silke mix hen that was sold as full silkie but after getting her home back in the summer, she's definately mixed. Not to mention the HUGE brown eggs she lays. She stays with the OEG and MF's and makes them look tiny...hahaha. She looks like the new guys but much much bigger. She's a very ugly partridge color. She was also a pity buy:) and we still love her!

What color do ya'll think the new ones are...especially the darker one?? Once I get them outside, I'll take more pics too.
They are also not friendly but I hope that changes with more hands on attention.

Yeah, I've heard some people say that. The mix girl I have is nice. These girls seem ok , kind of skiddish and they don't roost on my arm like my OEG.

Yeah!!! Congrats to you Christie!! Don't you just love the silkie personalities?! Have fun with those two and I hope the other chicks get along great with them. Claudia

Back
Top Bottom