Got Some, Thank You Everyone For Helping Out.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by digger455, Aug 23, 2010.

1. digger455

digger455 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2010
    Woke up to find one chick out and moving around the bator, Two more with no top on just wet chicks. Wish I knew how to put photo on here. 3 OUT OF 12 one was ziped all the way around when I went to bed last night. Still in there not much movement. I can see about half inch on open part with feathers out. How long do I wait for the rest of the eggs to do something??

HAPPY FIRST TIME HATCHING OUT

DIGGER

2. bigstack

bigstack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Texarkana, TX
    Congrats on the new fuzzy butts! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I have had them take up to 25 days and heard of 26! I always go 25 then candle and toss. If I see movement I will wait another 24 hrs then check again. If still nothing but they are still moving I will carefully crack the egg but not open the shell. except for removing a tiny piece over the air sac. BUT.... if you open the shell you MUST make shure the membrane doesn't dry out! On the extremely rare occasion that I help. I will carefully remove the shell always checking for blood veins! If I see a tiny vein I will continue. If I see a big vein full of blood STOP!!! I do NOT reccomend opening the shell! It is ALOT of work to make shure you do it right and alot of worry!!! And NOT all of the chicks are supposed to make it! This is just a fact of life! Mother nature knows best and as in all animals Only the strong survive! If you have too help most of the time you are asking for more trouble on down the line. (not always ) It's just personal choice. I hope this helps a lil.

Congrats! [​IMG]
    Good Luck and God Bless!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by