Got Started on our Florida Coop/ Great Progress over weekend!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ChooksinChoppers, May 8, 2011.

1. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Got Most of the Framework done yesterday. We chose the shadiest place we could find and thanks to our tree trimmer tenant got this "cave" cut out of this huge brazillion pepper in our back yard. It was quite pleasant working under in the heat, so I feel that our chickies will be ok.
    [​IMG]

Closer up of frame
    [​IMG]

Platform for nest Boxes. We do plan a support underneath it. only have to figure out a ladder/ramp for the silkies to get up there.
    The gaps at the top will be covered from outside with trim.
    [​IMG]

Squishy can see it from her bedroom window (far right)
    [​IMG]

Rosie helps clean up
    [​IMG]

Where do you want this?
    [​IMG]

Here ya go!
    [​IMG]

Thankyou Rosie
    [​IMG]

Today Squishy is going to stain it and we have to another Lowes run to get stuff for the roof.

Pretty good for 3 days work eh? Day 2 Roof Frame Started
    [​IMG]
    Day 3 Actually Day and Half as we broke out the work lights and continued after dark [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The back side has the shingles up already ..Squishy will finish staining today ...We were SO pleased with the door, Arron was shocked it actually fit and opened and closed without hitting anything..I told him he IS a carpenter after all [​IMG] but I think he was secretly pleased with his efforts [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. Tracyree

Tracyree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Looks like a great start! Look forward to seeing it progress, love the puppers help.

3. New2TheCoop

New2TheCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Central, LA
    Congrats! Looks like your going to have a great coop! [​IMG]

4. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    We had only a couple of Uh Oh! Moments mostly with the roof. I put all the hardware cloth on....Why do they call it cloth? [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by