GOT THE BABY BLUES!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 27, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

BLUE Muscovies, that is!

I had 4/29 marked on the two remaining 'scovy eggs (the other seven never developed) so you can imagine my surprise/horror/amazement when one started to pip on Friday (the 23rd!)

The second one started on Saturday night & both of them FINALLY hatched yesterday, about 11am. And they are GORGEOUS!

They were marketed as Lilac Blue Muscovies & they are a deep greyish-blue with black bills & feet. They both have tiny yellowish chest markings, though. [​IMG]

And it looks like I may have a male & a female--how lucky would that be??!?? One is bigger than the other, longer bodied, bigger feet & a longer bill....[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Where are the pictures?

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I'll get some in the next day or two....we don't have internet at home, so I have to download the pics onto a cd & then bring them into work. So its' a process in itself! LOL But geez, are they CUTE! LOL And already imprinted to me. I feel bad when I need to leave for work & they PEEEP as loudly as they can. I peeked in the window on the way out this morning & saw them stretched as tall as they could go, necks out-stretched, peeping, LOL Poor things!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by