I got to work on my new coop over the weekend that will house my 13 Hens and 2 Roos ( I know I need to cull one but they dont fight...........yet lol ) The coop is connected to the old coop that was 8'x8' and the new one alone measures 8'x8' for a total of 16' long by 8 ft wide. They are LOVING IT. My main pullet that was laying stopped laying last week, again lol. I have a barred rock that I found on a nest a couple days ago with a dozen eggs, the eggs were thrown away because I didnt know how old they were. I got an egg from her the next day but since then she has not laid ( that I have found ) I got to thinking that maybe the nest under the slide was a combined nest between a few pullets, not sure though. I decided to go ahead with the bigger coop and to keep them locked in their coop/run until they figure out where their nesting boxes are. Tonight I got home and they were not any eggs in there but the bedding has been kicked all over and they have nice little laying spots in the nest boxes so gonna be "in the eggs" soon lol. So here it is, the unfinished coop, the part pictured measures 8x8, and 7 foot high, I will try to post more pics of the total thing when I get finished and update. The wood, roofing metal, hinges, lockes, and even light fixtures were ALL freebies, thats right the only thing I have in this coop is sweat, blood, and time. Obviously you can see I need to do some trim work, paint missed areas, and put wire mesh and trellis around the bottom, its above the ground 22" on concrete blocks, I did this so they can get under it to hide from chicken hawks and also to keep the rats and mice down by stomping and eating any nests the rats decide to build.