Got the coop put together * PICS *

XL506

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
Ohio
Hey guys!
I finally got around to putting the coop together. The coop was a doghouse that never got used. So I extended it a bit, and cut a hole in the roof and installed hinges to make a door for easy access in egg removal. and installed a nestbox ( still need to install another 1 or 2 ). I know it's not the prettiest coop. But they have a good bit of room to run around and shelter from the elements.

Measurments:
Free Run Area- 10ft long x 8ft wide x 5ft high

Coop/Nesting Area - 5ft wide x 4 feet deep x 4ft high

* I still have to paint the coop. I am painting in barn red and white, and will post pictures when its painted *

-=The run and coop=-
coop1.jpg

fullcoop2.jpg

run.jpg

door.jpg

* The view from the inside, into the run *
nsideview.jpg

The Coop * lid Closed *
coopclosed.jpg

* Lid Open *
open.jpg

* One of the nesting boxes *
nestbox.jpg

I have 4 hens for now, and plan on getting 4 more. I also am getting a newer tool shed 12x12ft and converting it into a coop.

Yeah, I figured the "skylite" would let them feel a little more comfortable in there. I got a panel, I use to cover it when it rains to keep them dry as well.

Congrats on finishing it! This is very similar to what I'd envisioned for our coop/run (until DBF got other ideas... LOL).

I would recommend wrapping the run with hardware cloth to prevent predators like raccoons from reaching into the run and grabbing chickens.

Back
Top Bottom