Got The Email! Yay! THEY ARE HERE!

Birch Run Farm

Biddy up!
11 Years
Sep 5, 2008
VERMONT
My ducklings from Holderread's shipped tonight, should be here Wednesday.
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
I ordered the Dutch Hook Bills, the SQ breedings so I only bought the minimum number. I can't wait to see them!

My muscovies are nesting too. One serious on the nest, the other is still collecting eggs but stays the night on her nest.

Oh! How exciting! You have to post pictures as they grow! Holderread's gave me one a few years ago, but I only had that one. She was so calm and sweet though. I wish I had room to add some back to my flock.

Quote:
It's hard to tell - they've always run with my Campbells and Runners - so I get a really mixed batch of eggs every morning! I'm almost certain that they all lay very light blue eggs, about the same color as some of my Runners, since I seem to have more blue eggs during the Hookbill's shorter laying season. I also have light greenish eggs, and tan eggs (from the Runners) and white eggs (from the Campbells) - but, who really knows who lays what?
roll.png

One day last summer, I chopped a bunch of excess tomatoes from the garden and fed them to the ducks, and I had orange-ish eggs for the next two days!
tongue.png

GOOD for you, I am waiting for my babies too from H. !!I had an alternate date , last week, this was supposed to be the shipping week (hadn't gotten email yet!) and next week the other alternate. I am getting 5 penciled runners and 3 Silver Appleyard minitures and 2 silky minitures. I didn't give a 2nd choice , and said "any " for shipping date, becasue I didn't have a 2nd choice.
My 4 Tufted Buff geese are a month old and stilll living in the garage( I had to make a bigger pen.) I take them out daily for grazing in dog yard- Looking the terreirs inside , who drool and bark thru the window)
We are making a Fort Knox Avaiary for everyone that can be divided with a day yard. It is a "Garage in a box" , we reinforced and added tin roof and I will fence with 2"2" Kennel wire. It is 12 X 20. Will post pics as soon as posssible...

Back
Top Bottom