Got the perfect mothers day gift!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mistylady, May 10, 2009.

1. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    My hints were noticed! The flyer with the porch swing and three or four comments about my swing being in need of help .. it worked! Dh went to Lowes yesterday to look at house jacks and came home with a new ceder porch swing! I'm so happy! We put it together and its so comfy! The kids can climb up in it without fear of slivers! The old one was here when we bought the place and was horrible. It was homemade by someone that shouldn't have been using power tools! [​IMG] Now the new one is on the old frame and its wonderful! The old swing is going to be turned into a bench for the glade by the chicken coop so I can sit and watch my babies from the shade. I'll try to get a pic later to post!

Happy Mothers Day everyone!!!!

2. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    My son called to wish me happy mother's day. He was a little apologetic that he didn't buy me something--(I've always discouraged gifts-a phone call is more important to me). So I told him your dad would be in trouble if he bought me perfume, flowers, or chocolate (even though I love all of them). DS said I bet you would be happy with a load of chicken manure though--I said only if it is composted. [​IMG]

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Ohhhhhhhhh .. I got a porch swing one year for mother's day ... AWESOME!!

4. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    I got the perfect gift too! My oldest son and his wife made me a sign to hang on the side of my big coop. Isn't it adorable!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Wanda, That sign is adorable... I assume that's not your oldest son with the wife that is holding it?? [​IMG]

Happy Mother's Day all! I'm glad you are all getting special treatment from your families!

I am bringing my Mom dinner tonight and a garden tote filled with flowers [​IMG]

Nancy

6. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    Quote:LOL NO... that's son #5 (child #7). My oldest son, Toby is 32.. much taller! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by