Got the Showgirls :D (pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by horseyjess, Sep 12, 2009.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Well I did I went and looked at the Showgirls today!! I bought two, I really fell in love with the Hen and she more or less threw the roo in she had a bunch. One thing the girls are soooo cute, the boys not so much but here are the OTHER NEW arrivals... The boy wouldnt sit still to get good pictures we named him Roofus LOL. The hen is sooo calm The itty Bitties are my new Turkens [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Pretty pullet, wonder what color she is. Cool that her head is black. Aww look at the baby turkens!

3. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:Yeah she is adorable the breeder said as she matures she will be a silver color. It will be interesting to see. Her coloring is what drew me to her. Well so did her personality and that she was nice and young but not to much of a baby. Cant wait to see what people that breed these girls say what her color is going to be [​IMG]!!

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:Yeah she is adorable the breeder said as she matures she will be a silver color. It will be interesting to see. Her coloring is what drew me to her. Well so did her personality and that she was nice and young but not to much of a baby. Cant wait to see what people that breed these girls say what her color is going to be [​IMG]!!

She is a partridge. She will have typical partridge coloring, which is gold not silver.

They're decent birds, definately a good start in showgirls.

5. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    Congrats! Welcome to the dark side, LOL. [​IMG]

6. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:I can see this LOL!! She is the sweetest bird! Carry her around put he on the washer take pics put the babies near her and she doesnt peck them! Her personality is GREAT. I told my kids she is MINE if you want to show her fine but she is MINE!! LOL

7. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida

She is a partridge. She will have typical partridge coloring, which is gold not silver.

Now is partride an acceptable color? I have only heard of Buff, Black, white. I didnt care I was supposed to buy them for the kids and just fell in love. LOL

8. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:She is a partridge. She will have typical partridge coloring, which is gold not silver.

Now is partride an acceptable color? I have only heard of Buff, Black, white. I didnt care I was supposed to buy them for the kids and just fell in love. LOL

Partridge is a recognized color in silkies, as is buff, white, grey, blue, black and splash. Showgirls are not recognized, but they can still be shown. They're shown as AOV silkies. They cannot compete for best of breed, the hegest they can win is BV or best AOV.

9. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:Now is partride an acceptable color? I have only heard of Buff, Black, white. I didnt care I was supposed to buy them for the kids and just fell in love. LOL

Partridge is a recognized color in silkies, as is buff, white, grey, blue, black and splash. Showgirls are not recognized, but they can still be shown. They're shown as AOV silkies. They cannot compete for best of breed, the hegest they can win is BV or best AOV.

HA HA go figure I had to pick a NON Show Show girl LMAO. Oh well they will have fun with her anyway...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by