Got them from Tractor Supply yesterday as a "mystery breed"

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by angellynne, Mar 7, 2012.

1. angellynne

angellynne Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2012
    Delaware
    I guess they weren't labeled and they didn't want to call the hatchery.
    They're so adorable though. I bought 4 meat birds (cornish henxrock crosses, I think. not really important. They grow really fast though.) and 4 of these. And got 6 red sex links today, of which I wish I knew the parent birds.
    I had better pictures, but the card in the camera corrupted when I went to download them :/ It doesn't like me.

It's my little birdie in the avatar picture. That one is the smallest one. Also, if the wing-sexing method works on them, my m-i-l got a rooster out of 8 she bought.

I think they're Australorps.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    The one in your avatar looks similar to the Aussies I had... That's a good guess. :)

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    yellow bottom of feet means jersey giant pink bottom feet means australorp

4. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    My tractor supply had these also. They told me they were barred rocks, but as usual they don't seem to know what they are talking about. They even had up a barred rock sign above them! I think they're Jersey Giants. They are so so cute. I only got one and I'm hoping it's not a roo. Mine has yellow bottoms on its feet. (It also sneezes all the time, which is a little concerning, though it acts healthy and no other chicks are sneezing.)

5. angellynne

angellynne Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2012
    Delaware
    I got a better picture... I think it's the same chick, but I didn't do that intentionally, haha. I have 4 of this kind, 4 evil little cornish/rocks and 6 red sex links. Any other opinions? It's my new display picture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by