Got this bug really really bad...Is it the bird flu?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by bargain, Oct 25, 2009.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Went to the meetup in Buchannan yesterday..I started feeling really light headed,

whoozy in fact

sweaty at the palms, heart racing.....

..Thought I was just going to pass out.......

I saw my first frizzle.....!!!! Woww....How cool.....Looked like me when I gave my curly hair it's first perm....Thanks to Rnau I have a new strain of the chicken bug......

No, I haven't succumbed.....I didn't buy,,,,,got out of there as quick as I could....Came home........relaxed ......Then I saw Another one of them....ILoveMyFrizzles came for a visit after the meetup and what do I see.....Oh no, a frizzle in her purchased box of birds....

The symptoms recurred......

I used to think that my love of chocolate was bad....but this is ridiculous.....

Just thinking of the frizzles, just typing their name, whooo hoo I'm coming down with it again.....

Have you had any bird flu symptoms lately????

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I have bird flu so bad that even though I'm at school living in a concrete box, I'm going to hatch some dang chicks if I have to!

3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    You're in trouble! Sounds like you have an acute case of the I. Frizzlewanting strain!

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I have to admit that I have been coming down with polish-envy lately. I know I shouldn't get any because I only have space for so many birds and they aren't good layers, but for some reason I can't stop wanting them!

5. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Quote:Not to be an enabler or anything, but my polish is a fantastic layer! She's a froot loop, but she is a consistant layer. Go get you some! [​IMG]

6. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Wow, funny you should mention that...I was having these symptoms a few weeks ago as well.
    I, however, did the smart thing and found the cure-I ordered some more chicks(to add to my laying flock for spring). Baby chicks arrived and "poof" symptoms gone.

You know what you need to do to get over this... GET THOSE FRIZZLES! [​IMG]

7. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    [​IMG]

8. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    So not what I was expecting when I read the title....this is good. [​IMG]

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    The bird flu must be more like a cancer. You keep relapsing. [​IMG]

10. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Not to be an enabler or anything, but my polish is a fantastic layer! She's a froot loop, but she is a consistant layer. Go get you some! [​IMG]

Hmmm, maybe that's what I should try during my next hatch...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by