Got this incubator for free

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Twiztedrods, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Twiztedrods

Twiztedrods Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2009
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I helped a buddy get his truck off of the beach and he gave me this incubator he used to use when he raised fighting cocks (for show not fighting). I am not sure what kind it is or if they are reliable. Does anyone have any info? He has not used it in years but said it hatched many chics when he used it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never really considered incubating chics, I was just gonna let nature take it's course with my roos and hens, but now with a bator I might just give hatching some myself a shot. What do yall think of this bator and do you have any info where I can find an owners manuel?

2. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Oh My Goodness [​IMG] he gave you that for FREE. I am so jealous. I don't know what brand it is but it has a turner and everything. OOooo [​IMG]

3. chillmiller

chillmiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Tonopah/AZ
    its junk.... give it to me to *dispose* of properly

4. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    Cant think of the name of it right off the top of my head. You can buy them at TSC. I have 2 of them and I hate em, I mean that, I hate em, I cant hatch a darn think out of my. I do use them as a hatcher. Sorry dont mean to be a downer. I hope you have better luck with yours then I have had with mine.

5. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    Quote:[​IMG]
    u are a big fat lier

6. Twiztedrods

Twiztedrods Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2009
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Not a downer at all, I am looking for advice and opinions, thanks for letting me know your experience with it.

7. chillmiller

chillmiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Tonopah/AZ
    im not liein all that styrofoam is bad for the environment and... such... my disposal methods are far better than the dumbs dig a hole approach i plug it in and get the levels right and use it to store eggs in untill it decomposes fully

8. FlipFlopFarmer

FlipFlopFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

its probably a hova bator, new they are around 80.00 i believe, the turner is usually another 40.00. it should have grooves in the bottom for water and u just have to play around to set the humidity and the knob on the top sets the wafer thermostat. good luck. hooray for freebees, and cudos to helping ur buddy.

9. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    it looks like an older version of my little giant. My first hatch in it was 22 out of 23 I have more in there right now doing fine.

10. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by