Got to love FREECYCLE.ORG

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by brkuk, Feb 21, 2009.

1. brkuk

brkuk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Howell, Mi
    I just hooked on this site this past week. Everything is free. My family is real green as of 2008. We went from 4 bags of trash to less than 1 a week. I got rid of some stuff that I didn't need and people came and picked it up no questions. I love to recycle. Freecycle.org

2. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    a wide variety of goodies can be found there

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Used to be you could look at Freecycle without joining a group. Is there any way to do that now? I hate joining groups, really.

4. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    Theres rarely any thing good in my towns freecycle.. All the good stuff is in bigger towns. Darn this small town.. lol

5. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:That's my problem too. I hate joining groups that I can't even see first.

6. brkuk

brkuk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Howell, Mi
    I signed up to two groups one in my home town and other at work. There are lots of good stuff here. This community likes to recycle.

7. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I have yet to be able to get our stupid local Freecyle page to work for me.

Maybe it's because I went into it with a cranky attitude because I hate to sign up for groups too. Can they tell you're angry when you sign in? [​IMG]

Having said that... I have friends who love it... it just doesn't work for me. [​IMG]

8. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

Our local freecycle is more like a Want Ads.

There's never anything to GET except some old clothes, but everyday requests for stuff roll in.

[​IMG]

9. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    my freecycle group is great there is a lot of wants yes...but just as many freebies up for grabs....and also if someone is gonns come and take my "trash" away for me...hey all the power to ya!...when i say trash i am speaking stuff that would normally go to the dump or to the local church but i cant afford the gas to always be running stuff to the church...

i have a thing about "clutter"...i absolutely hate it so i am going through my kids rooms and linen closet on a regular basis..dh is a pack rat so i go through the basement often too.

my biggest pet peeves about freecycling is no shows...if i have taken the time to respond to your inquiry then at least have the decency to show up for something that i have set aside for you because more times then not there was others asking for the same thing that you responded to and i have turned them down

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Same here, mjsdhs...I hate when they don't show...
    In the past couple of days, I feel like I've been in Circuit city. I wanna TV-big screen, plasma, huh?
    I wanna exercise bike-top of the line blah blah
    I got my DS a guitar off of it because he was interesting in learning to play. I've decluttered with it too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by