Got To Talk To My Son In Iraq Today

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Sugar Sand Farm, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Received an unexpected call from my son from Iraq today it was so nice talking to him. We had sent him the MaagicJack to hook up to his computer but I didnt know he had gotten it. Now we can talk whenever he has the time and I can call him and its a local call. Anyone with loved ones deployed should look into this magicjack it makes keeping in touch so easy and it only costs 20.00 a year.

2. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    How wonderful for you! Scheduled calls are one thing, but a suprise call must have been AWESOME!! [​IMG]

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Awesome tip. My son is most likely going to be playing in the sand in Spring [​IMG]

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    That's so neat and now you all can have conversations! not just scheduled ones....

I appreciate what he gives for our country and the sacrifice those at home give without him here.

God bless y'all always.

5. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    [​IMG] I hope your son comes back soon! Our cross country coach was in Iraq he just came back. When he was over there our team was constantly cooking brownies and things and sending them over. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by