Got Two Eggs This Morning!!!!!!

pirtykitty

Songster
11 Years
Dec 8, 2008
Waco, Texas
Hubby went out to let ducks out this morning about 10 :00.. Came back in and told me we had a problem.. First thing I thought of was raccoon got through hardware cloth.. Then he handed me two eggs.. Daisy stopped laying August 3rd.. and we rescued Judy ( pekin crested) from park July 25.. I know one egg is Daisy.. and Judy is this years hatch. one egg was a lot smaller.. Should I start them on oyster shell now or wait till they are laying consistenly... I'm unsure how to handle as Judy is so young..
Daisy was hatched last may 18 and started laying around the end of october.. I started her on oyster shell when she was laying an egg a day... I'm also toasting some of the egg shells I saved in the freezer..

Thank you will put some in their bowl... Judy was also a good girl and layed hers in with Daisy...
when daisy started laying I'd find them rolling around on the hardware cloth.. I may put one wooden egg in just to remind her for a little while then remove it... I noticed yesterday morning that the side where daisy always lays was bowled out so thought that at least daisy was going to start again. what a surprise for Judy to start too.. They both have been giving stanley the come hither eye lately...

Congratulation on the eggs.
I hope you had a great omelet to celebrate.

I can't help since I don't even have my ducks yet, but love reading about their adventures.

I dont think my kahki campbell is going to lay. I am jealous of you!
big_smile.png
If she is as old as the lady I got her from she is 6 months and no eggs. She has mated with our crested runner for about a month still no eggs. Oh well if she never lays thats ok so long as she is ok.

I hope I beat hubby outside this morning to let ducks out.. LOL . It's going to be like Easter Egg hunting in the fall... I love my duck eggs. LOL
One of my grown sons and his girlfriend have been waiting patiently for the ducks to start laying again.. they love the brownies, and chocolate chip cookies I make them...

Back
Top Bottom