got two laying females today(pics added)

Bryanccfshr

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 29, 2010
Farmington , NM
A local gentleman farmer is having to transfer to California and his flock of Chickens and water fowl(and goats and turkeys) is up for sale. I only have room for two more at this time and picked a black runner and what I believe is a Buff, their vents indicate they are already laying so I am excited to have them in my young flock. If anyone is in northern NM or Southern Colorado and wants a good choice of feathered ducks(they are the Fancy Duck Package from McMurray Hatchery, I have his number. There are plenty left and they are laying and breeding, he bought them as ducklings in February.
My littel 2 month old runners were excited to have another runner to stand up to the pekins with and what I think of as a buff is a sweet quiete calm girl compared to my rowdy others. Pictures tommorow. They were misidentified, the runner since she was black was identified as a cayuga and he thought that all the buffs were Khaki Cambells. No issues they are locked down with my light ducks (my two Chocalete runners)tonight, the pekins have seperate nighttime accomadations since they are such clumsy heavy oafs who pick on the smaller breeds.

Here are what I snapped. The buff like duck.in the middle
P7080334.jpg

THe new Black runner who is definately an outspoken female on the left with my two chocalates with black qualities(they have the irredecent green wings)
P7080333.jpg

Last edited:
Great, Thank you for confirming my suspicians. THe BUff is a quiet sweet girl who seems a bit more thoughtful than the racus pekins and runners. Great disposition.

Back
Top Bottom