Gota love city folk

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by panner123, Jun 15, 2008.

1. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    The grand daughter wanted to show her friend some new chicks. The friend's Grand Mother bought her over and almost had a heart attack has a roo and 2 hens came running. Other than dogs and cats she has never seen a live animal outside of a zoo.[​IMG] Calming down some she did look at the baby chicks, but the friend wanted to go to the pond and see the baby ducks. When we got there, we walked out on a little dock. Just then we scared up some geese and as they were leaving they bombed us.[​IMG] The only one hit was the Grand Mother. We got her cleaned up the best we could, but I don't think she will ever be back. Never realized a goose pooped so much at one time.[​IMG] CITY FOLK!![​IMG]

2. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

Too bad the bear wasn't around.

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    That's too funny ... poor Grandma! You're right, she'll probably never come back. And, she'll probably have nightmares about those awful, foul ... fowl! [​IMG]

We have city people out here a lot to give them a taste of country. The biggest thing that we have found is ... they are all shocked at how dark it is at night (unless there is a full moon)!!! Most of them are too 'afraid?' to walk to their car if they leave after dark. We have to use a flashlight for them ... there are zero lights out here and we don't have a dusk-to-dawn light so it's pitch black. You literally cannot see their car from the house so they just freak.

4. bluie

bluie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    That reminds me of when I first left rural West Virginia to go to college in Richmond, VA. The first night there, I was outside with my 3 roommates. I said, "why is it not dark?" My roommate from Miami said "How come its so dark here?" (We also had a similar conversation about hills: Oh, its so flat here-me. Wow, its really hilly here-her)

5. Miltonchix

Miltonchix Taking a Break

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    Thats too funny!!! [​IMG]

I was giving some of my eggs to a co-worker who's wife didn't want "chicken eggs" she prefers "STORE EGGS"!! [​IMG]

Takes all kinds.

6. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Aren't "city folk" fun? I live in the city now ..DH won't leave, dang it!! ..and I come across all kinds, I tell ya!

I wish I could've seen the Goose Bombing ..that is hilarious! [​IMG]

And my own Momma is one of those "prefers store eggs ..cuz the farm eggs taste too strong... " people. I think the "stork" delivered me at the wrong house [​IMG]

7. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

Slip them some properly processed venison and don't them what it is.

8. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Venison is good but those great pork roast are better. Have had many people ask where I buy my pork. After they eat it I tell them I shot that down by the chicken yard or in the yard. When they ask me you shot a pig and I say no I shot a bear. I have had two people actually get sick when I told them what they where eating. Some ask before they eat, some just eat and don't ask.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by