Gots me new chickens today!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by krcote, Oct 18, 2008.

1. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I'm in the big leagues now, with 7 hens and 1 roo! I decided to be different and not raise chicks quite yet, but I first got 3 adult hens and (what I thought was) a pullet back in May from a friend. Turns out I've grown probably the biggest roo in the state! Any who, just picked up 4 more girls today from elsewhere. I now have only one of each of the following; RIR, buff orpington, araucana, BR, golden comet, black and purple araucana/australorp mix, black and white barnyard mutt and a GIGANTIC roo... who may or may not be a mutant! There was some initial bickering, but now they must all be cuddling because the temps here tonight have already dropped to below freezing. The orpington tends to be super broody, so I'll have her do some incubating for me in the spring [​IMG]

Just wanted to thank you all for creating the addict that I am today.

P.S. Keep watch for pics I'll post of my roo tonight, maybe you all know what he could be?

2. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Fun, fun, fun! Enjoy your "insta-flock" and best wishes!

3. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    Congrats!

I wanna see a pic of that purple Araucana!!

4. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I can't wait to get pics of her in the sun tomorrow, she really is the most beautiful glossy purple! She's regal, very raven-like. Even in the shade you can tell she's not flat black.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Hey we did the same thing - got 6 hens and 1 roo, and then 1 week later went and bought 6 chicks. So now we have our beautiful roo - BLRW, a silver spangled hamburg, turken, 5 BO's. EE, 1 black sex link and 3 RIR's. talk about a mixture!

6. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Welcome fellow Mainer.... I cant wait to see that Rooster. Hope to see you at Maine shows

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by