Gotta have some help with her

fuzziebutt

Songster
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
Winfield
Ok, there is a girl that has ended up on my facebook page, and I don't know who she is. But she is sweet, and I have recently learned that she lost her mother when she was 10, and her father at 17. She married, and had twins, then 3 other children. Her husband was killed, and in the tornadoes on April 27th, she lost all 5 of her kids. Wow. I know that people are put in our lives for a reason, and I pray for her and try to lift her up, but I really have no idea what she is going thru. And tomorrow is Father's Day, and no father. I need some ideas to help her. Oh, and she is only 29. My kids are older than she is.

My knee-jerk reaction is to check her out and be sure the story is true. Too many of us are sweet and trusting, which makes us easy prey for sob stories.
hide.gif

That was my first thought, but I answered one of her posts with something like "suck it up and move on", and one of her friends sent me a PM telling me what all had happened. And she has asked for nothing. I pray for her, and try to lift her up, but I have never lost anyone close to me in my life, so I really don't have any idea what she is going thru. I just can't imagine.

I have always been trusting, was raised that way, but through the years, I have learned to not take everything at "Face Value" this does sound fishy.

If true it is incredibly sad, but if not there is a reason why this is being relayed.

Also, the "friend" could actually be her using another name, and email address, I have a few FB accounts, all legit ( Farm, side business) but point is, I had no trouble setting up several accounts from the same computer using different emails.

Well the advise that I give her is to go to Nikkies in Birmingham (she lives there), and find a man sitting by himself. Go to the cashier and buy the man's meal without him knowing who she is. Tell the cashier to tell the man "Happy Father's Day", and see if she doesn't feel the same blessing the stranger just got. I'm not wasting anything but my time.

Ooh. I hate to have to agree, but this definitely sounds like a hoax. I did a little research and I can't find any record of any one person losing five children in a tornado in recent times. This really sounds like a scammer. And remember, they don't always "want" anything but attention. That's the sole goal for many hoaxes. Or like that guy recently who posed on Facebook about being a "A Gay Girl in Damascus", posted about being kidnapped, etc. Turns out it was a guy who experienced none of this but "wanted to bring awareness to troubles in the middle east". People do weird things for weird reasons. Just be careful.

Back
Top Bottom