Gotta love 100% Hatches! ~PICS added 7/7/11~

Discussion in 'Quail' started by CherokeeTradition, Jul 3, 2011.

1. CherokeeTradition

CherokeeTradition Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2011
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    I am so happy right now! -beams- Had seven button eggs due today and every single one hatched, five of them within the same half hour. My first hatch remarkably hatched pretty well considering I didn't have a way to test hu at the time, but I set up a digital barometer/thermometer righnext to the eggs yesterday & managed to get the humidity just right. Still have 7 button/7 coturnix in & cannot wait now, haha!

Okies, pic time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Can't beat that! [​IMG]

3. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Yay [​IMG] good job!

4. scottysquails

scottysquails Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    awesome! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. CarriageStone

CarriageStone Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2010
    I'd love that success rate. We put 108 eggs in the incubator a couple of weeks ago. First peeps started last night. So far seven have hatched. Always exciting.

6. scatteredeggs

scatteredeggs Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    [​IMG]
    good job!

7. CorgiHouse

CorgiHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    Boring, OR
    Quote:Congrats!! That's pretty phenominal. I have recently hatched my first batch of Coturnix and got about a 70% hatch rate.....and was pretty happy with that.

So what do you consider the 'perfect' humidity that worked so wonderfully for you?

8. CherokeeTradition

Apr 6, 2011
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Thanks everyone, you guys truly rock, hehe! <3

Quote:Wow, now that must be amazingly exciting, lol. I will keep my fingers, toes, & eyes crossed for you for luck! *smiles*

Quote:Congrats!! That's pretty phenominal. I have recently hatched my first batch of Coturnix and got about a 70% hatch rate.....and was pretty happy with that.

So what do you consider the 'perfect' humidity that worked so wonderfully for you?

Hmm well when I put the tester in I was in shock to see that it was up to 71%, the day before hatch. I popped the windows on my hova bator, reduced the amount of water in the reservoir, & continued to very lightly mist the due eggs. It was @ 50-52% the entire hatch & I am still so very amazed lol. Gonna have to fix that man some really fine dinners to make it up to him for buying me the tester as with the humidity the way it was, I really doubt that any would have hatched that time.

Edit: Adding pics now, woot!

9. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Nice job [​IMG]

10. CherokeeTradition

Apr 6, 2011
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Thank you very much! *does happy dance, chuckles* To say I am delighted is an understatement, haha.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by