Gotta take victor to the vet today...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nettie, Nov 20, 2009.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    he's got some weird looking callous/scabbie thing on his back toes. he broke both of them off over summer somehow and they don't look right... almost like they've gotten ingrown. he's been sitting a lot and his eyes look a little off, like they aren't as bright as they normally are. poor ducky... he might have a cold too, so dr. clarkson is gonna check him out.... of course he needs to go in just as ming mei finally heals up.... thankfully we have the most awesome vet... there are 5 dr's in one office all of which know tons about ducks!

2. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry to hear that Victor is feeling under the weather. Glad you have a good poultry vet and hopefully he/she will have Victor feeling better soon. [​IMG]

3. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    I don't know how you do it. The only vet who will see ducks in my area charges $80 just to walk in the examining room.

4. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    it's a bit less for us, aroun 58 per visit... she checked him out today and didn't see a need to get him more medicine. she told me to use some aloe vera, vitamine e oil, and the topical dsmo (sp?) cream she gave me for ming mei... he's gonna wear some shoes to keep some pressure off his poor toes...

5. LoreenH

LoreenH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Oregon
    Happy to hear Victor is going to be ok! Do you mean DMSO instead of DSMO? I've had people recommend DMSO for my stiff knees (arthritis), I haven't tried it yet but remember one of my great aunts putting it on my greatgrandfather's shoulders.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by