gov stealng basketball hoops?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by onthespot, Apr 5, 2011.

1. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Watch this video. Strange, and wrong. I don't get why they are doing that, and I don't play basketball, but I think a lot of laws were broken here, and maybe one ordinance by the owner. Just something to think about the way Uncle Sam does business.
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81410384/

2. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    I would love to know how this all happened and what started it. It does not make much sense.

3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Yeah, you would have to know a lot more to know what was actually going on. I don't take that as an unbiased view.

A lot of times, those ordinances are ignored until somebody complains, then they have to do something. And in spite of his comments, we really don't know what went on before all that happened.

I live in an unincorporated area where all I have to contend with are county, state, and federal laws. No city laws or homeowner associations for me.

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    It looked like it was installed right at the curb and was overhanging the street. It looked like it was set up for people to play basketball in the street. I can see where that would be a problem. They were only taking down some of the hoops in the area. I'm guessing the ones installed in driveways, up by the house, were no issue. It sounded like this had been an issue they were informed about, but just didn't agree with, since they mentioned that they'd already contacted their representative about it. [​IMG]

5. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I'll probably badly misquote this attributed to Abraham Lincoln. Freedom is not doing what you want to do. Freedom is doing what you ought to do.

I think what he meant was, with Freedom comes Responsibility.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by