Gqf 1266 ??????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by josh, Jan 5, 2011.

1. josh

josh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    Can anyone tell me anything about these? I have found 2 for sale and wanted to know how to convert them for chickens. When was the last time they where made and if $500 for 2 is a good price?

2. josh

josh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    So can I just put the egg flats in these and hatch chickens? How many will it hold? Will I have to modify anything to use for chickens.

3. Kekko

Kekko Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Western IDAHO
    Quote:I just picked up a GQF 1266 Incubator and a GQF 1270 Hatcher last week. Paid $400 for the two but the guy delivered them “400 miles”! He was coming through my area so it worked out real good. They are about 16 years old, but in great shape and the only cleaning I had to do was dust from being in storage. They both had the water reservoirs and the plexi-glass doors. They both have electronic (older multi- turn type) thermostats. And I did replace one of the wafer back-up discs just because I didn’t like the shape it was in! They have been running for six days now and look great!

The Incubator was set up with wire dividers they used for Rhea eggs. I removed them from two of the trays and left them on one tray (for duck & Goose eggs) they are just bolted to the tray if I need to remove or add them again. Two 30 count egg flats (chicken) will fit nicely on each tray for 180 egg total incubator capacity.

The Hatcher had one large hatching basket in the bottom but had two additional trays with it. I cut the large basket down and made wire covers for the other two. Looks like I could put four or five trays in it if I wanted to.

Then I got a call yesterday from a guy locally that has a GQF 1202 Incubator with all the extras, 2 Brood pens, and a lot of other hatching & incubating equipment he’s only asking $250 for everything. Even though I don’t need the incubator from the sounds of things the $250 would be a good deal for all the other equipment he is including! I’ll be seeing him this week end when he gets off work! Basically already told him I would take it! Figure I can check out the incubator and fix anything it might need. Then I can figure out which one I want to keep and sell the other one for what I paid for all the brooding equipment or maybe just have to keep them both! LOL!

One thing I did find out when I took the back off the 1266 Incubator is that the turner motor on the 1266 is a lot heaver duty motor than is on the 1202 and 1502 I imagine that is because it was designed for heavier eggs.

4. western edge

western edge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Edge of the Bakken
    I too recently picked up some equiptment which includes two 1266 incis and a 1270 hatcher. They were set up for Emu with the wire baskets for large eggs and metal egg tray holders, acrylic doors. One of the incis had been used several times but the other inci and the hatcher were unused, and besides a lot of dust, like new. Lot of good deals out there on these models. A lot of the emu/ostrich raiser, 20 years or so ago, bought all the equiptment and breeding stock but never got off the ground so I think there a lot of these great finds out there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by