Gqf 1502 door question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Adam7, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Adam7

Adam7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    I just purchased a gqf 1502 used. It's the older brown model with an electronic thermostat.. It has a solid door and I was wondering if any one has successfully modified their door for viewing or if any one knows where to buy the clear door for it. All the websites I have found sell the clear door for the newer white 1502's and they are not compatable. I just know its going to be difficult not being able to see the hatching tray come lockdown and I would like to be able to read humidity without opening it up too..

2. ftwchopper

ftwchopper Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2009
    woodstock connecticut
    I bought a gqf 1500 hatcher a few years ago and the previous owner cut a window hole in the stock door.He used clear plexy glass screwed to the back of the door.It seems to hold temperature just fine.
    [​IMG]

3. Adam7

Adam7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    I was worried it might mess with the temps, this is good to hear. I emailed gqf and they don't sell the clear door any more so I am going to have to cut a window in. I think I am going to put a sheet of plexiglass on both sides of the door to create a double pane kind of window. I think it will help insulate it better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by